Arrival airport: Dubrovnik (DBV)
Departure airport: Split (SPU)
No. of wineries visited: 7
Dubrovnik – Hvar – Split
Don't have time for the full ten days trip? No problem. Our Gourmet Tour gives you the highlights of the Zorya's itinerary in just seven nights. Couple that with the new direct flights to Dubrovnik departing from JFK and Newark, you could be savoring a glass of something delicious by the Adriatic in about ten hours. Read on to see what other delights this compact tour offers. Prices start at $3500 per person, based on double occupancy and a full tour. Single supplement from $625.
Days 1 - 3
- Arrival in Dubrovnik, collection and transfer to Hotel Hilton Imperial or similar. Afternoon city tour. Wine pairing and dinner of traditional Croatian food. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
- Depart Dubrovnik for the day to visit the Pelješac Peninsular. Stop at the amazing city of Ston with its ancient salt flats, before boarding a private boat for an oyster tasting with wine, Rakija and Narancini. After lunch, we visit two wineries to taste the iconic Dingnač and other classic wines of this region. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
- Full day tour of the Konavle region, including the brand new Croatian Museum of Wine, where we will taste a whole host of local products. Wine, brandy, cheese, honey and olive oils will showcase the very best of the region. We then drop in at the soon-to-be iconic Karaman winery, to taste their amazing Malvazjia, before heading back to Dubrovnik for a late afternoon cable ride to Mount Srđ. Here we will watch the sun set over Dubrovnik and the Adriatic, with a picnic of Croatian specialities and sundowners. The rest of the evening is free for you to explore the town. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
Days 4 - 5
- Depart Dubrovnik for the beautiful island of Hvar. Stop en route at the Edivo underwater winery, to taste one of the most unique wine experiences you can have.
- Continue on to Hvar. Take a couple of hours before dinner to enjoy the beautiful beaches or explore this romantic town. At night, we will have a wine pairing of the main varieties of the island, Bogdanjusa and Placvic Mali, and dinner at Giaxa. Overnight in Hvar at Hotel Amfora or similar.
- We explore more of the island today, taking in the beautiful coastline as we make our way to the fantastic wineries of Tomić and Bojanić. Tomić has dedicated himself to the preservation and wider appreciation of Croatian wines, and his own wines are all full of personality. Bojanić represents a newer generation, although he too comes from a winemaking family. We will have lunch in his pretty vineyards, looking out over the sea, before tasting through his Plavic Mali. Afterwards, we return to the hotel and the rest of your day is free to explore this beautiful island, find that essential souvenir, or relax by the pool.
Days 6 - 7
- After a leisurely breakfast, it's time to leave Hvar and take the ferry to Split. We arrive in time for lunch and a tour of this UNESCO Roman city. Walk down the same streets as the Romans did and absorb the history of this remarkable place. In the evening, we will have bubbles and nibbles at a locals wine bar, which has one of the most extensive ranges of Croatian wine all served in tasting sample size. From here, we dine at Zrno Soli, a Michelin guide restaurant which delights in showing off the modern style of Croatian cuisine, using local ingredients and inspiration from the past. Overnight in Split at Hotel Cornaro or similar.
- After breakfast, we visit Kairos winery, where we enjoy a tour of their winery and organic vineyards, before enjoying a tasting on their sunny veranda, surrounded by wonderful scenery. Plavic Mali is once again the king here but there is a smattering of more international varieties also. After lunch, we move onto Krolo Vineyard, where once again we will be spoilt with local Dalmatian goodies and wines. Crljenak kastelanski - or Primitivo as it's more commonly known - is made here, along with the white grape Pošip. We then return to Split for our farewell dinner. Overnight in Split.
- After breakfast, last chance to pack up your purchases before your transfer to Split airport.